What is volunteering all about?
As one of our volunteers you represent the ALL WALES BOAT SHOW, The Marine Sector and the region of North Wales – we really need your support.
Event volunteers will be given the opportunity to:
- Gain event development experience
- Support the development and growth of the Marine Sector in Wales
- Event volunteers must be at least 16 years of age at the time of registration.
What is involved?
The primary purpose of volunteering is to keep people safe and provide information and advice to show-visitors.
99% of volunteering is answering questions, giving advice and keeping an eye on your area. But 1% may involve helping to save lives in an emergency. As a volunteer you need to plan for every eventuality and be prepared to respond as and when required.
Being a volunteer means you could be asked to take on a variety of roles. Above all, it means being the eyes and ears of the show – being alert, friendly and attentive, and able to report any safety issues that occur.
A good volunteer should be:
- Willing to be vocal, flexible, honest and reliable
- friendly and approachable,
- able to maintain good humour when tired
- comfortable speaking with the public
All volunteers will need to:
- attend training and a site visit before the event, provisional date and time: to be announced.
- attend the show for the scheduled full onsite dates and times agreed
- be eligible to volunteer in the UK
- be 16 or over on the arrival day of the show
- adhere to the Show standards of behaviour
Opportunities for 2017
We welcome applicants from all age ranges and backgrounds. No prior experience is needed and training will be provided.
For more information please contact:
call 01248 810 594
Shift of work required:
There are opportunities to work for different organisations providing services for the Show. Volunteers are required to work 3.5 hour shifts. The All Wales Boat Show requires volunteers at key locations such as entry gates for tickets, on the water activities, Conwy Cruise, membership areas, hospitality areas, car parking etc.
2017 positions include:
- Litter picking
- Crowd control
- If you have medical, paramedic or first aid qualifications, you can apply to join the medical team of volunteers
- Site stewards and car parking wardens are recruited from Outdoor Tourism, parent teachers associations, sports clubs and voluntary groups.