All Wales Boat & Leisure Show is held at the Anglesey Showground, grass parking, hard standing roads, three buildings with level floors, which would have originally been open field farmland. This location also holds the annual Anglesey County Show, so over the years has been adapted to be level and accessible. All doorways are wheelchair friendly and there are disabled toilets.
This event is very much focused on being inclusive, accessible to all, specifically focusing on the hidden disabilities and conditions, we do not have electric scooters or wheelchairs for hire. Assistance dogs are welcomed.
** Disabled – A discounted rate is available for the registered disabled, due to this being a first year event and the event is committed to creating an event which is inclusive. Please note that verification of disability status could be required e.g. DLA/PIP Letter, DWP Book, Blue/Orange badge or letter from GP.
*** Carers – If a visitor requests the need for a carer, as long as the above criteria has been met, a discounted carer ticket can be purchased alongside a disabled persons/wheelchair users ticket. Only 1 carer ticket may be purchased per disabled persons/wheelchair users ticket.
Transport and Location
• There is a level space for blue badged disabled visitor parking.
Main Entrance Facilities
• To ensure that this event is enjoyed by all, we ask that those with a hidden disability who require understanding, request a purple pass. This purple pass allows the organisers, the Stewards, the exhibitors to know that there is a hidden disability and that understanding may be required.
• During busy periods if a purple pass holder needs to leave without going to the main entrance a Steward will be able to arrange a quieter exit.
• If you are not a blue badge holder and you require Disabled parking, please notify the car park attendant on the main entrance gate who will do his utmost to direct you to the disabled car park.
• Currently no loop installed.
• There is seating and a quiet space available at the entrance.
Public Areas – General
• There are no inaccessible areas to visitors with mobility constraints due to steps, sloped pathways and gravel surfaces. Some exhibits are on grass, this could be an issue for some wheelchair users.
• We make no charge for wheelchair users and blind visitors. Concessions are available for disabled visitors and carers when proof of verification is shown upon entrance.
• Staff are always on hand to offer assistance where required and wear high visibility jackets.
Public Areas – WC
• There is a disabled toilet plus ladies and gents’ toilets in the Horizon Pavilion and another one in the Old Pavilion – a disabled access key is held at the main reception desk in the Horizon Pavilion.
• A baby changing room is situated in the Old Pavilion.
• Access to all WCs in the grounds is concrete or tarmac with step-free access routes (except for temporary toilets.
Eating and drinking Zones
• There are two locations, one is by the music stage on grass and the other is next to an allocated quiet space which is on hard standing.
• Prices are displayed clearly by all traders.
• Staff wearing high visibility jackets are available to assist where required.
• Chairs and tables are movable, some with a central support column and some with legs on each corner. Picnic tables with benches are also able to be moved.
• Vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, dairy free, nut free and sugar free diets have been catered for at this event.
• You are not permitted to eat your own food and drink in the Food and Drink Zones, but there are many picnic areas throughout the grounds on level ground (grass areas).
• There are rest points (benches) available at regular intervals around the event site.
• There is no onsite transport across the site.
• Between pathways there are grass areas which can be uneven underfoot.
• All front of house staff will have been trained in disability awareness and the sites’ features.
• Assistance dogs are welcome and can access all public areas.
• The Festival is supported by volunteers. Given reasonable advance notice it may be possible to book a support volunteer to provide a guide service for blind or partially sighted visitors.
Telephone: 01248 717903